QUALITY CHARTER FOR THE AUTHENTIC SENSES WAY (ROUTE DES SENS AUTHENTIQUES - STRADA DI I SENSI)
These rules of procedure are intended to outline a framework for tourist services that are part of the Route des Sens Authentiques.
All service providers wishing to sign up to the Route des Sens Authentiques must comply with the following.
1) Concerning all service providers
- Access should be well kept.
- Surrounding areas must be clean and not congested.
2) Concerning large-scale and small-scale agricultural producers
- With regard to products with quality certification, only producers who have received these quality seals and produce the recognised products may sign up to this charter.
- As far as all other agricultural produce is concerned, including produce with the "AB" organic seal of approval, this must be made with local raw materials.
- Concerning processed products, including "AB" organic products, it must be made solely with local raw materials.
- There must be an area set aside for the general public.
- Concerning cheese, they must be produced with milk from local goat and sheep breeds.
- Visiting a manufacturing workshop or production area should be possible during defined times, which are given in the communication material for the Route des Sens Authentiques.
- The shop or area for tasting will be open to Route des Sens Authentiques clients for at least three months of the year.
- Clients must be able to book a visit in advance.
3) Concerning “tables d’hôte” establishments and farmer-innkeepers
- Food on menus must include farm produce.
- Outside produce should be purchased from farmer-producers, preferably local, where they exist and have the capacity.
- If the produce has official quality certification, only the recognised products can be proposed on à la carte and set menus (Corsican AOP chestnut flour, Lonzu, Coppa di Corsica, Prisuttu, Corsican honey, brocciu and PGI Corsican clementines).
- Meat produce (veal, lamb and kid, pork, piglet) must come from Corsican production.
- Only AOC/AOP Corsican olive oil must be served at the table.
- Recipes must follow the seasons and use fresh produce.
- Service providers should explain the origin of the produce to their clients.
- Service providers are committed to promoting local produce generally and in particular those of the producers who are part of the Route des Sens Authentiques.
- When service providers are unable to supply the service that has been reserved, they must offer an equivalent alternative to their clients. In order to do this, they will refer to the list of service providers in the Route des Sens Authentiques network.
4) Concerning restaurants
- Only restaurants who have the "GUSTI DI CORSICA" quality seal can be members of the network.
5) Concerning bed and breakfast establishments, rural gîtes, farm campsites, hotels
- Breakfasts will be made with local produce (Corsican AOP honey, locally-made jams) bought from farmers, preferably in the vicinity..
- Those establishments providing accommodation undertake to promote the Route des Sens Authentiques in all their advertising material and communication methods (website, flyers, etc.). In this regard, there must be an area dedicated to the Route des Sens Authentiques in the establishment (poster, folder, flyers, etc.).
- Those establishments providing accommodation undertake to organising tastings and visits to producers’ premises.
- Those establishments providing accommodation undertake to comply with a charter that will soon be published.
- If service providers cannot supply the service that have been reserved, they must offer an equivalent alternative to their clients. In order to do this, they will refer to the list of service providers in the Route des Sens Authentiques network.
6) Quality control
- All members undertake to conduct a self-assessment, completing a table to assess their activity. This self-assessment will be checked by ODARC.
- In parallel, an external audit will be carried out regularly by an inspection body.